Lucknow, Aug 8 (IANS) Five people were taken ill and hundreds evacuated Wednesday morning following steam of ammonia gas from an ice production bureau in Uttar Pradesh‘s Mathura district, military said.
The occurrence took place during around 8.30 a.m. when a cylinder containing ammonia gas started leaking. As a gas spread, labourers started queasiness and fled from a factory.
Soon they grown rashes on their bodies and began fainting following that panic-stricken residents of Gopalnagar, where a ice factory is located, also left their houses.
Police too asked them to leave their houses.
A pointy odour, an central told IANS, was emanating from a bureau and was swelling to circuitously areas.
Fire tenders have been rushed to a mark and were trace H2O to enclose a gas leak, district officials said.R Soft Web Hosting