10 July 2012
Last updated at 22:30 GMT
Three men from the West Midlands have been charged with terrorism offences.
The men, aged 24, 22 and 22, will appear at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday.
The charges follow a series of arrests by police last week – a 43-year-old man from Kirklees, West Yorkshire, had been released without charge.
Three of the men arrested were remanded in custody earlier after appearing in court accused of plotting to attack members of the English Defence League.
Their arrests followed a routine police stop of a vehicle on the M1 near Sheffield, South Yorkshire, on 30 June.
Police found guns, knives, machetes and a home-made explosive device.
The alleged target of the attack was the anti-Islamic group who had held a rally in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, earlier that day.
That case has been sent to the Old Bailey for a hearing on 31 July.
Meanwhile, the Crown Prosecution Service said the three West Midlands men charged on Tuesday should be charged under the Terrorism Act 2006 with engaging in “preparation for an act or acts of terrorism with the intention of committing such acts”.
It said this included the manufacture of an improvised explosive device, the acquisition of firearms and other weapons, and the purchase of motor vehicles connected with their plans.R Soft Web Hosting